|New Member Info
We are glad you are choosing the Cornwall Curling Centre!
If you were a member last season this is not the place to renew your membership. Click HERE for instructions on how to renew your membership.
Important information for curlers registering for the first time at the Cornwall Curling Centre:
- On-line Registration: will be open on August 19th and is completed in two parts. The first part is to complete the on-line registration form, whereby you declare who you are, choose the membership type, choose the membership fee that applies to you from the pull-down list, select the league(s) you wish to play in, click the Validate Registration and Calculate Fee box at the bottom of the form then, once the system confirms your fees, click the Complete Registration box and print your receipt. The second part is to bring your payment in person to the curling centre during Registration Week (Sept 17th thru Sept 20th between 6:00 & 9:00 PM) and visit the "League tables" to sign up for the leagues you want to play in -- a MUST DO step to ensure your spot in those leagues.
- Meet & Greet: The Centre will hold a Meet & Greet on Friday Sept 21st beginning at 7:00 PM for you to come out and meet other members of the club and get a feel for what the buzz is all about.
- Clinics & other fun stuff: You are most welcome to join our free curling clinics on Monday Sept 24th & Tuesday Sept 25th between 6:00 & 8:00 PM. We will have experienced curlers on hand to teach you the basics and give on-ice demonstrations. Bring loose fitting pants and clean running shoes (if you don't have curling equipment). The clinics will be followed by a couple of Fun Nights on Wednesday Sept 26th & Thursday Sept 27th between 6:00 & 9:00 PM, when curlers can bring a guest and, there will be a Social Night on Friday Sept 28th beginning at 6:00 PM for everyone registered to play in the mixed leagues.
- Learn-to-Curl Program: $140.00 including discounts & HST - This program is for the brand new Curler to the sport who has never been a member of any club or has not curled in an organized league. In addition you will be able to play in the Turkey (Christmas) Bonspiel. However, you will be restricted from playing in any of the club's regular leagues for the duration of the Program, other than 5 times as a spare at no charge - thereafter a per-game fee will apply. During registration there will be members present to assist you with signing up for the Program to ensure your spot in that league.
- New Curler: $330.00 including discounts & HST - This curler category is also for the brand new Curler to the sport who has not been a member of any club or has not curled in an organized league and who has elected not to participate in the Learn-to-Curl Program. In addition you will be able to play in all of the club's bonspiels. During registration there will be members present to assist you with your league selection if needed.
- Night Curler (full membership): $440.00 including HST - This curler category allows you to play in all the evening leagues (men's & ladies restricted by gender) and the day leagues (over 55 for men, no age restrictionfor women). You can also play in all of the club's bonspiels.
- Day Only Curler: $410.00 including discounts & HST - If you choose to join the men's or ladies day leagues only (over 55 for men, no age restriction for women), you will be restricted from playing in the evening leagues other than 5 times as a spare at no charge - thereafter a per-game fee will apply. This curler category allows you to curl in all of the club's bonspiels.
- Friday Only Curler: $330.00 including discounts & HST. This curler category was created for the curler who only plays in the Friday Night Mixed league. You will be restricted from playing in the other evening leagues (other than 5 times as a spare at no charge - thereafter a per-game fee will apply) and the day leagues. This curler category allows you to play in all of the club's bonspiels.
- Student Curler: $170.00 including discounts & HST - This curler category applies only to full-time students, 24 years of age or less as of Sept 30, 2018 and allows you to play in all applicable leagues (men's and ladies restricted by gender). You can also play in all of the club's bonspiels.
- Half-Year Discounts: Half-year discounts of 40% off the Membership Fee for the particular categories shown above (rounded to the nearest $5.00) are also available for those who only wish to play for half a season (September thru December or January thru April). In the case of a Learn-to-Curl participant, the discount to play in the January thru April period is 50% of the new curler fee shown above.
- Monday Night Men’s Social: Teams are formed by the Men’s convenor and are changed several times during the season. Member’s sign up as individuals and are placed on a team. This is a great league for new members. No pressure, it is for fun!
- Monday Night Ladies Social: Teams are formed by the Ladies convenor and are changed three times a season. Member’s sign up as individuals and are placed on a team. This is a great league for new members. No pressure, it is for fun!
- Tuesday Night Ladies Competitive: Tuesday Night Ladies curling is a competitive league. Fixed teams sign up at registration in September and the same team plays together for the entire season. There will be 2 or 3 flights (A-B or A-B-C) and 2 or 3 draws depending on the number of teams registered.
- Wednesday Night Men’s Competitive: This is a competitive league that requires members to enter as a full team. We do take single sign-ups, but space is limited. New curlers typically do not join this league, but are not excluded. If you know someone willing to take you on their team you are more than welcome to sign up. Also if Wednesday night is the only night you can play, we will do our best to assign you to a team.
- Thursday Night Mixed Competitive: This is a competitive league that requires members to enter as a full team. We do take single sign-ups, but space is limited. New curlers typically do not join this league, but are not excluded. If you know someone willing to take you on their team you are more than welcome to sign up. Also if Thursday night is the only night you can play, we will do our best to assign you to a team.
- Friday Night Mixed Social: Teams are formed by the Mixed Social convenor and are sometimes changed after the Christmas break if need dictates. Otherwise, the teams stay together for the full season. Members sign up as teams or as individuals who will be placed on a team. There are 2 or 3 draws (6:00, 7:30 and 9:00 PM) depending on the number of teams in the league and teams alternate weekly between these draw times. This is a great league for new members. No pressure, it is for fun! This night is by far our most popular night for new curlers.
- Afternoon Day Ladies: Teams are formed by the league's convenor and are changed 3 or 4 times during the season. Members sign up as individuals and are placed on a team. Games are played on Monday and Thursday afternoons beginning at 12:50 PM.
- Senior Men's: This is a morning league for men 55 years of age or older, that plays Monday thru Friday with games at 8:00 and 10:15 AM. The season consists of 5 draws and 3 bonspiels and members must sign up (on sheets posted on our League boards) to play in each one. Except for our Christmas and Closing bonspiels, teams are formed by a computer program, and reviewed manually to ensure that they are as well balanced as possible. New members to the League must play the Lead position for at least the first draw. Based on the draw schedules, teams will mostly play 2, but occasionally, 3 times a week.
- Saturday Night Mixed Learn-to-Curl: Teams are formed by the league's convenor and will likely stay together for the duration of the program. There may be more than one draw depending on the number of teams in the league. further details will be provided by the convenor.
- Mixed Doubles: This newest Olympic team sport will be played on select evenings or possibly Sundays (to be determined). Sign up as a couple and check the sign-up sheet at the club for the scheduled dates.
- To proceed with your online registration please click HERE!
- The Cornwall Curling Centre has a Youth Curling program Sunday mornings. The Youth are divided into two groups - ages 7 to 12 are on the ice from 8:30 to 10:00 AM, and ages 13 to 20 are on the ice from 10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon. There are several experienced volunteer coaches who work with each group. The program emphasizes skill development and fun participation. Beginners are welcome. All necessary equipment is provided
- Youth can register in person at the club during registration week on Tuesday Sept 18th between 6:00 & 9:00 PM and on Sundays beginning September 30th between 9:00 AM & 12:00 Noon. The cost for the curling season is $70.00 including HST. The program begins in October and ends in early April. Youth Curling does not take place every Sunday. The Sundays on which there is Youth Curling can be found by clicking on the "Club Events" tab of the website.
- Note: Youth curlers cannot register on-line, but only at the curling centre on Sunday mornings or on the special night set up during registration week.
- For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your question will be forwarded to the Youth co-ordinator.